The Kindle contest is just around the corner. Remember if you want an official notification of rules and start date, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Loop me in on the Kindle Contest. Rather than assume that everyone knows what a Kindle is, I’ll give you a quick description. In short, it’s described by some as the iPod of ebook readers. But it is much, much more. I pulled this list of cool things about the Kindle from the blog, Amazon Kindle, Books, Kindle Review & Kindle 2:
- The Main Function – A book reader. That’s it. If you read a lot of books, especially on the go and want an elegant eReader then the Kindle is a Great Fit.
- Additional Functions (listing the main ones)
1. [Experimental] GPS Device with Google Maps
2. Wireless Internet Access with Experimental Browser
3. Music Player [Random Shuffle of Songs]
5. [Experimental with no Colour] Picture Viewer
6. Amazon Kindle Store for Books
7. NewsPapers and Magazines
- The overwhelming majority of People who own it, love it.
- eInk screen looks much closer to a book than any electronic device screen (except of course for other devices that use eInk)
- Easier on the eyes + can also change font sizes
- Free Ebooks – insane collection of books from all eras.
- Over 100,000 eBooks from the amazon Kindle Store
- Amazon store all the time
- Newspaper and Magazine subscriptions
- Blogs (my recommendation is to use the browser and not use the 1$ a month subscription service)
- Free Wireless Access – Wikipedia + Internet browsing + being on EVDO means you aren’t just restricted to WiFi hotspots.
- Kindle NowNow – instant answers from real people
- Up to 6 Kindles on one account. So a family can share their books. Or a group of friends. Or a group of classmates
- Easy to shop and books get downloaded in 1-2 minutes
- Easy to travel and move.
- Access to all your books easily.
- Save paper = save trees.
- Can make notes on the Kindle
- Transport all your reading material in the Kindle.
- Built in capacity for 200 books.
1. SD card to add capacity
- Convert from formats like PDF to view on your Kindle
For the record, the blogger does include drawbacks, but we don’t need no stinking drawbacks. Besides if you win, you’re getting it for free. You can live with the drawbacks.
The rules so far:
1. It isn’t necessary to buy a copy of the takers to win the Kindle. It would be nice, but it’s not necessary. I will be providing a free download of the PDF on this blog next week.
2. The contest will consist of one question from the book. That’s right, one measly question. Answer it correctly, and I will throw your name in a hat and include you in a drawing.
3. You can increase your chances of winning by spreading the word. The more people who send me an email saying “So & so told me about the Kindle contest.” The more times your name goes in the drawing (provided you supply the correct answer.)
4. I will accept your answer in an email only with the subject line: I know the Oz answer. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I will video tape the drawing and post it in on my Youtube channel.
Stay tuned because there is more to come.